Thanksgiving isn’t a big deal at Project Angel Food; it is HUGE. We are DELIVERING 2,000 TRADITIONAL TURKEY DINNERS to our critically ill clients and their caregivers on this very special day. We need volunteer drivers like you to share in the magic of the season by delivering meals.
Can you imagine dealing with cancer, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure, long COVID or another debilitating disease, feeling isolated and alone, and then see a warm face like yours at the door? Not only are we delivering traditional turkey meals with stuffing, green beans, and pies; but we are delivering hope, love and kindness.
Join KTLA’s Gayle Anderson, Megan Hilty, Melissa Rivers, Juan Pablo Di Pace, Kate Flannery, Peter Porte, Rebecca Metz, Mary-Margaret Humes, Chef Stuart O’Keeffe, the 94.7 The Wave deejay team, and others as we make giving back our way expressing gratitude this holiday season.
How does it work?
1. You just need your own vehicle, a driver’s license, and proof of vaccination to participate.
2. Click here to sign up and enter THANKSGIVING DRIVER in the comments section.
3. Volunteer Services will then contact you to confirm what time you wish to pick-up, how many deliveries you wish to make, to which areas you wish to deliver, etc.
4. On Thanksgiving, pick up your meals at Project Angel Food in Hollywood (922 Vine Street).
5. Pick-ups are from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. with staggered, assigned pick-up times to avoid back-ups.
6. We do contactless “drive through” pick-up with celebrities and staffers handing you client meals as you pull up to Project Angel Food.
7. Each volunteer driver, or driver team, will make 4-8deliveries depending on your requests and availability.
8. Clients are close to Project Angel Food, but you have delivery area options too.
9. Each delivery contains two meals: one for the critically ill client and one for their caregiver, who are often overlooked.
10. Because clients are critically ill, we asked that you stay masked and make contactless deliveries. Virtual hugs and well wishes from6’ apart are welcome.
11. COVID-mitigation guidelines need to be followed: masks are always worn by staff and volunteers, and gloves worn by volunteers while delivering (safety supplies such as gloves, sanitizer, and masks will be provided).
If you’ve made it this far in this post, then you maybe interested in this very special volunteer event. Please come and join Project Angel Food on Thanksgiving. Some of our Thanksgiving volunteer drivers have been coming back for over twenty-years and say that delivering meals to our critically ill neighbors is one of the traditions they love best about Thanksgiving. Please sign up to volunteer here; or if you have any questions, please call Project Angel Food Client Services at(323) 845-1800.