INFORMATION FOR PARTNERS AND PATIENTS
Project Angel Food launched a statewide pilot program for people with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) in April 2018. The purpose of the pilot is to prove our medically tailored meal (MTM) and medical nutrition therapy intervention can improve health outcomes and reduce health care costs in 12 weeks. Our state directive is to serve 60 Medi-Cal patients with CHF the first year.
We are seeking health care partners serving Los Angeles County to refer CHF patients. If you would like to partner with us, please contact:
Community Relations Liaison
323-845-1800 ext. 215
No more updates at this time!
Patients excluded from this pilot are:
- Persons with advanced kidney disease
- Persons who are living in a facility that provides more than seven (7) meals per week to residents.
- Persons with severe aortic stenosis.
- Persons with limited physical, cognitive, or behavioral abilities that would interfere with their ability to follow up with a finding as determined by their ability to receive the MTM services and follow up with survey interviews.
- Persons with anticipated life expectancy of less than a year.
- Persons with severe food allergies.
- Click here to download a referral form. Once completed, fax it to us at 323.845.1834. Feel free to contact us at 323.845.1810 if you’d like this form faxed to you.
- Click here to access a how-to guide for filling out the referral form.