November 19, 2020
Adam Lambert’s Feel Something Foundation Partners with Project Angel Food for Thanksgiving
Los Angeles — International superstar and philanthropist Adam Lambert and his Feel Something Foundation have teamed with the Los Angeles based Project Angel Food to bring awareness to the organization’s vital work of delivering meals to the critically for Thanksgiving. Among his contributions were delivered meals, appearing in a virtual event, and filming a public service announcement to premiere on Thursday, November 19, 2020.
Lambert says, “A few years ago, I performed a tribute to George Michael at Project Angel Food’s Angel Awards. So they have been on my radar for a while. When I heard all that Project Angel Food was doing during the pandemic for people with life-threatening illnesses, more specifically for our trans brothers and sisters, LGBTQ+ seniors, people living with HIV/AIDS, and LGBTQ+ people of color; I wanted the Feel Something Foundation to get involved.”
The Feel Something Foundation’s involvement includes/included:
- Adam filming a Public Service Announcement, shot in the Project Angel Food kitchen on Friday, November 6, with the message: “Hello, I’m Adam Lambert. Please join me and my Feel Something Foundation in supporting Project Angel Food’s chefs, nutritionists, drivers and volunteers who serve 2,300 people a day who are medically challenged and often alone – People like Vanessa and Juana, who don’t give up hope; and our LGBTQ community who know we care. Leading with love; Project Angel Food: delivering life-saving meals during COVID and beyond.”
- Adam delivering medically tailored meals throughout Hollywood to Project Angel Food clients who are vulnerable to COVID-19 because of existing life-threatening medical conditions.
- Adam writing a message of hope that was included on the labels of 2,300 meals (Project Angel Food delivers meals to 2,300 people per day).
- Adam appearing in the organization’s Project Angel Food’s Night of Gratitude and Song virtual event on Sunday, Nov. 22, 2020; with a recorded message thanking volunteers and providing introducing his Feel Something music video to air as part of the one-hour live-stream, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. PST
- Providing video content for an exclusive donation page for Adam’s fans at angelfood.org/Adam.
Project Angel Food Executive Director Richard Ayoub says, “Heading into the winter, I am not going to lie, I’m concerned. We can’t succumb to ‘COVID fatigue’ because lives depend on us. The Feel Something Foundation shines a brilliant light on Project Angel Food at a critical moment of need. Adam is a miracle.”
About Project Angel Food
Project Angel Food provides medically tailored meals to people who are living with life-threatening illnesses such as HIV/AIDS, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. Because Project Angel Food clients are most vulnerable to COVID-19, the services have never been as vital as they are today. Since March 2020, Project Angel Food has increased the number of people served by 53%, from 1,500 people a day to 2,300 daily. The organization started in 1989 in response to the AIDS Crisis. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Sharon Stone, Matt Bomer, Elton John, Whoopi Goldberg, Jamie Lee Curtis, Josh Groban, Kelly Clarkson, Lisa Rinna, Kristin Chenoweth, Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes, Anne Lennox, Billy Idol, Olivia Newton-John and others have joined Project Angel Food’s COVID-19 relief efforts.
About The Feel Something Foundation (FSF)
Feel Something Foundation launched late 2019 by Adam Lambert, is a non-profit organization in support of LGBTQ+ human rights. Aiming to ensure support is given to the myriad of issues that continue to disproportionately affect the LGBTQ+ community, the foundation assists those charities that are moving the needle for communities of all ages and backgrounds. These are organizations that have a mission or project directly focused on impacting the LGBTQ+ community in areas of Education & the Arts; Homelessness; Suicide Prevention and Mental Health.
# # #
Link to the PSA and photos click here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v363kgu7k3bxvic/AAApo8HDbZv9AtbtzgeYRMtma?dl=0