Project Angel Food prepares and delivers healthy meals to feed people impacted by serious illness, bringing comfort and hope every day. We cook and deliver over 500,000 nutritious meals each year, free of charge, to the homes of men, women, and children affected by life-threatening illnesses. Our vital food and nutrition services, including medically tailored meals and nutritional counseling, help underserved people throughout Los Angeles County who are too sick to shop or cook for themselves. Please see below for our current job and internship opportunities.
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Finance
Project Angel Food’s Staff Accountant is an essential part of the Finance department and is integral in ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting. The Staff Accountant is responsible for organizational bookkeeping, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements, assist in payroll processing, and tracking and maintaining departmental, organizational, and grant specific budgets. Staff Accountant will assist in collecting pertinent data for third party audits, assist in financial reporting, and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
- Serve as primary organizational bookkeeper.
- Record and post the day to day financial transactions, including AP, AR, and credit cards.
- Reconcile bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile credit card statements on a monthly basis.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation, coding, and entry.
- Research and correct account discrepancies as necessary.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Accurately record payroll related expenses.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash account.
- Record adjusting journal entries & expense allocations
- Lead the month-end close process.
- Regularly maintain detailed schedules and reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Work with the Development department to ensure that receivables are collected.
- Issue and track invoices in collaboration with the Development department.
- Ensure timely billing to vendors.
- Maintain physical and electronic finance files.
- Assist in the creation of organizational, departmental and grant specific budgets.
- Provide support for organizational audits, including the annual audit, and audits from governmental institutions.
- Provide support for annual tax return filing.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analyses.
- Prepare departmental budget vs actual reports.
- Prepare budget reports as needed for grant reporting.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance and/or 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP and experience implementing GAAP adjustments.
- Experience working with QuickBooks
- Ability to understand financial reports.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- A team player and enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task/prioritize and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical ability is an important institutional value.
- Nonprofit accounting experience.
- Hourly, negotiable based on experience.
Terms and Benefits
- Potential growth to full time after one year.
- Annual evaluation by supervisor.
- Adherence to PAF personnel policies and procedures
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements/history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to complete hours for a dietetic internship program or earn hours with a nonprofit organization to apply for a university grant? Come and join the nutrition services team at Project Angel Food. It’s an opportunity to serve our clients while gaining experience in the field of community nutrition. You will work closely with our dietitians and dietetic technician.
Fill out an online application and submit your resume if you are interested in becoming a Project Angel Food intern.
Applying is Easy
For more information and to apply, please click here to fill out the application.
For the best timing, we recommend that you submit your application 2-3 months in advance to allow enough time for Project Angel Food to process any required documents. It will allow for a timely completion and coordination of your rotation.
Feel free to email Katelyn Tran at email@example.com